The Sparrow was designed to keep things simple. This is a stripped-down A to B bike- fast and light as a feather, best used on city streets.
The Sparrow is priced including a pump and shipping, to make it a value that can’t be beaten.
- Lightest single speed in its class: Just 22 pounds!
- Premium aluminum frame, fork and fork steerer
- Aftermarket SDG Duster saddle
- Rustproof KMC chain
- Color-matched aero’ rims with cnc-machined brake tracks
- Authentic WTB Thick Slick tires
- Detroit Bikes custom floor pump
- Ships 95% Assembled, 5 mins and you’re on the road
- No questions asked 30-day returns
- Free shipping
Sparrow Product Specifications:
- COLORS: Black/Green, Black/Grey, White/Red, White/blue
- SIZES: S, M, L, XL
- Weight: 22 lbs
- FRAME: Hydroformed Aluminum
- FORK: S/M: Aluminum Fork, 1-1/8″ steerer tube, 184.7mm L/XL: Aluminum Fork, 1-1/8″”steerer tube, 195.7mm White frames have a matte black fork, Black frames have a gloss black fork
- HEADSET: FSA Orbit DL, threadless 1-1/8″, Silver anodized
- FRONT DERAILLEUR: None
- REAR DERAILLEUR: Single Speed
- CRANK: S/M: Sun Race aluminum crank arms w/44t chainring, 165mm. L/XL: Sun Race Aluminum crank arms w/ 44t chainring, 170mm. White frames have a matte black chain guard, black frames have a gloss black chain guard
- REAR HUB: 32H Single-speed freewheel hub, nutted axle
- FRONT HUB: Quando, 32H, quick release. Silver, all models
- RIMS: Stars Circle, 32H alloy double-wall, 700c, 30mm deep, CNC brake track, presta valve. Green, Grey,Red, Blue
- SPOKES/NIPPLES: Stainless steel with nickel plated brass nipples
- PEDAL: Wellgo, black plastic, 9/16″”, intergrated reflectors
- SHIFTER: None
- CASSETTE: DNP, steel, 1/2″” x 1/8″” x 17T Freewheel
- BRAKE LEVER: All-aluminum 3-finger type.
- BRAKES: Center-bolt side-pull. High-polished aluminum arms, with cartridge-style premium pads.
- BAR: Aluminum, sandblast black. 80mm rise. 31.8 mm o.d. clamp areaAluminum, 15mm rise, 8-degree sweep, 630mm width. 25.4mm clamp area. White frames have a matte black bar, black frames have a polished silver bar.
- STEM: EVG aluminum stem, 10-degree rise, 90mm reach for S/M, 110mm reach for L/XL. 40mm stack. White frames have a matte black stem, black frames have a polished silver stem.
- TIRE: WTB Thick Slick tire, black sidewall with white logo. 700c x 28
- SADDLE: SDG Duster, black with color accents to match bike (green, red, blue, grey)
- GRIP: Velo grips, black, kraton rubber with raised pads.
- SEATPOST: Cold-forged aluminum, 27.2 x 300mm for S/M and 27.2 x 350mm for L/XL. White frames have a sand blast black finish, black frames have a barrel silver finish.
- Small frames will best fit riders 4’11” to 5’4”
- Medium frames will best fit riders 5’3 to 5’9
- Large frames will best fit riders 5’8 to 6’1
- X-Large frames will best fit riders 6’0 and up
Yuriy Paranyuk –
Was lucky enough to get one of these before everyone decided that they want a bike, this is my first bike since childhood. Have put on over 500 miles on it so far. I did modify to drop bars for more position choices and better aerodynamics since I use the bike for exercise as well as for commuting. Haven’t had any problems so far. Will be upgrading the freewheel to 16-19 White Industries DOS ENO freewheel to have a slightly faster gear and a slightly easier gear for hills, I’ve been riding in upstate NY a lot this summer and the hills hurt, but end up with a really good workout, and I’m hoping the 19T will help. Just changed the tires to more threaded and wider tires in order to tackle some light gravel roads. 32c fit really well, they basically look as wide as the thickslicks fully inflated, so I might gamble with 35c whenever these wear out and get a 2nd wheelset for 28c’s. This bike is built well and will hold me over for a while as I save up for a good road bike.
Rick Snay –
This bike is probably my favorite of my lifetime, great looking, lightweight, comfortable, fast, and fun to ride
I got my bike last week and can’t even say how excited i am! It legit took about 5 minutes to inbox & assemble. He bike is beautiful and super light weight. It’s got a great, smooth ride and feels weightless as i ride. I got this bike to spin the 4 miles or so around my little town and on our exercise trail and it is perfect for just that. I added an aftermarket rear kickstand and a cool custom bottle cage and o seriously could not be happier. At 22 lbs, the Sparrow wins all the way around!