We are listing the top bike clubs in the USA in terms of popularity. More clubs are being added to the list as we speak. If you have recommendation, please use the comment feature to let us know.
Bluegrass Cycling Club in Lexington, Kentucky
The Bluegrass Cycling Club is a volunteer, not-for-profit organization. Established in 1970 as the Bluegrass Wheelmen in Lexington, Kentucky, they have members throughout central Kentucky and beyond. They host rides year-round and host the Horsey Hundred and Red River Rally.
Bluegrass Cycling Club Membership Fee and Benefits:
Memberships are $20 per year.
- Organized rides almost every day during the riding season.
- Many days have multiple daytime and nighttime rides
- Educational classes and seminars
- Several club picnics
- Annual awards’ banquet
- Large advocacy group promoting cycling in Central Kentucky
- New friends, new adventures, and new challenges
- Discounts and incentive programs from participating vendors.
Email: [email protected]
Bluegrass Cycling Club
PO Box 1397
Lexington, KY 40588-1397
Gainesville Cycling Club in Gainesville, Florida
The Gainesville Cycling Club is an organized group formed for the purpose of riding bikes! It was formed in 1980 with about 25 local riders. The club was incorporated in 1991 and currently has over 800 members.
The club features a diverse group of cyclists ranging from commuters, sightseeing groups, tandem riders, all the way to amateur bike racers.
Biggest member participation event of the year:
- Gainesville Cycling Festival
- Ride to Remember ( all proceeds benefiting Al’z Place, an Alzheimer’s Day Care facility in Alachua County, Florida
- Pink Pumpkin Pedal-Off, event to benefit breast cancer research.
Gainesville Cycling Club Membership Fee and Benefits:
- Regularly scheduled group touring and conditioning rides
- Electronic newsletter (eNews)
- Insurance while you are bicycling with the GCC
- Reduced costs at the Gainesville Cycling Festival (October)
- 10 to 20% reduction on purchase cost of many items at local bike stores
- The right to attend all of GCC’s annual events, including the
- Annual Club Meeting and Dinner
- Memorial Day Picnic
- Summer Picnic
- Labor Day Picnic
- Holiday Gathering
GAINESVILLE CYCLING CLUB, INC.
5015 NW 19th Place
Gainesville FL 32605-3435
Santa Rosa Cycling Club In Santa Rosa, California
If you’re new to this area or just new to bikes, or if you’re a veteran pedaler tired of riding alone, an introduction to the Santa Rosa Cycling Club may be the best way for you to enhance your enjoyment of cycling in Sonoma County.
The club was founded in the late 1960’s as a racing team to replace an earlier club called the Century Cyclers. Over the years, its focus has broadened from just racing to embrace and foster many forms of cycling: weekend recreational rides; long-distance touring; commuting; randonneuring; ultra-marathons; and off-road riding.
Around the late 1980’s, as interest in cycling grew, club membership really blossomed. Now they are one of the largest cycling club in the country with over 1700 members.
Fresno Cycling Club in Fresno, California
The Fresno Cycling Club founded in 1962 is the oldest and largest bicycling club in Central California.
The Fresno Cycling Club works to promote and model safe and legal bicycle riding for recreation and transportation.They value riding our bicycles with friends, organizing cycling programs and events, funding bicycle-related organizations and programs and advocating for laws and infrastructure improvements that support safe cycling. As a member of the Club you become an Advocate for better bicycling.
P.O. Box 27571
Fresno, CA 93729-7571
Dayton Cycling Club in Dayton, Ohio
The Dayton Cycling Club (DCC) was founded in 1961 and is based in Dayton, Ohio. The DCC is an all-volunteer 501(c)(7) not-for-profit club dedicated to the promotion of all aspects of bicycling. Everyone interested in bicycling – whether for health, recreation, transportation, competition, or fellowship – is welcome and encouraged to join.
P.O. Box 94 Wright Brothers Branch
Dayton, OH 45409
United States of America
West Chester Cycling Club in West Chester, Pennsylvania
West Chester Cycling Club (WCCC) has captured the hearts of West Chester as a club of vibrant cyclists and active people since its inception in 2004.
Members of WCCC engage in a variety of cycling events, social events and volunteer activities that are infused with a spirit of excitement and community. Cycling events include frequent club rides ranging in speeds from casual rides to energetic group rides to sanctioned races. Social events vary from picnics to Club Socials to serving as host volunteers at the thrilling annual Iron Hill Twilight Criterium, a professional cycling race.
WCCC goes beyond cycling by giving back to the community and being involved in special projects.
Northampton Cycling Club
The Northampton Cycling Club was founded in 1999 John Frey, JD Bilodeau and Adam Myerson as an “elite development” program for local bike racers. During the period of 1999-2005, NCC’s support was instrumental in launching the careers of many well known professional cyclists such as multi-time U.S. Cylocross National Champion, Jeremy Powers, Masters Mountain Bike National Champion and renowned coach, Al Donahue.
In 2006 the NCC recast its mission to support expansion of the entire cycling community in addition to elite development. Under a new board, the NCC began to offer beginner rides, bike safety programs, Jr. cycling grants, race participation rewards and introduced a triathlon team as well as the inception of NCC’s flagship community event, BikeFest which is a community celebration of cycling for cyclists of all levels.
Northampton Cycling Club Membership Fee and Benefits:
Family Membership – $55
Individual Membership – $45
Junior membership under 18 – $10
PO BOX 886, Northampton, Massachusetts 01061
Onondaga Cycling Club in Onondaga, New York
The premiere Bicycling club of Central New York. Onondaga Cycling Club organizes more than 300 rides each year, hosts 2 races and boasts more than 500 members.
The Onondaga Cycling Club is the largest cycling club in the greater Syracuse area. As a member you will have the opportunity to meet and ride with people who share your passion for cycling.
Onondaga Cycling Club Membership Fee and Benefits:
- A well planned ride calendar of staffed rides
- 2 Cycling Races sponsored by the club each year (Syracuse Race weekend in May and the Syracuse Grand Prix Cyclocross in October)
- Annual Bike Fair
- Discounts at local area bike shops
- Annual awards banquet and meeting (usually in mid-January)
- Insurance coverage for club members at club events
- An annual Vacation Ride, organized by club members, usually in
- August and in a different location each year.
- Sponsorship and use of a Winter Training Facility (from November to April)
- Quarterly newsletter
- A resource for beginning riders and those new to the sport
- Access to numerous regional cycling events and activities
- Membership to the Club Listserv posting questions and comments for other members
PO Box 6307
Syracuse, New York 13217
Shawnee Trail Cycling Club in Frisco, Texas
Shawnee Trail Cycling Club, based in Frisco, Texas and serving the Frisco cycling populace, is a community focused organization dedicated to the sport of cycling for fitness, recreation and the use of bicycles as an alternative, energy efficient, mode of transportation. The genesis of our name, Shawnee Trail, incorporates the rich heritage of Frisco and North Texas as a transportation mecca during the early 1800’s, while incorporating the evolution from horses and wagons, to newer forms of transportation – such as bicycling.